The research component of International Studies promotes connections among the wide array of faculty and students at UCI with international and global interests.
At UCI, well over 100 faculty members from Social Sciences, Humanities, Social Ecology, Business, and beyond have research interests in international, global and regional affairs. This base of expertise alone places UCI among the leading educational institutions in the world. We aim to draw together these faculty members and link them more effectively with each other, with students, and with faculty at other universities. Promoting synergies between these groups enhances our ability to address the global issues of today and educate the next generation of global citizens.
This website is part of our effort. On it you will find a description of activities to promote and support research synergies, but also links to:
- Undergraduate degree programs
- Over 18 related research centers and institutes
- Community outreach programs on global issues
- A complete calendar of events with global content
- Descriptions of the research and teaching profiles of our world renowned faculty
- International Studies Newletter
- Study Abroad Newsletter
Take a look around and feel free to contact our office if you have any questions.